This document will guide you through adding usage measures and all of the configurations available in the Usage Configuration sub tab under Administration. When configured this data will be available on the Customer 360 and Engagement Tabs.
Under Usage Configuration you will see 3 sections:
- Usage Configuration
- Unmapped Columns
- Scorecard Columns
In this section you will be able to edit:
- Data Granularity: Possible values are:
- Account Level
- Instance Level
- User Level
- Time Granularity: Possible values are:
- Week- There are additional configurations for this option
- Utilization %: the ability to calculate Utilization % based on an adoption measure (as earlier) or choose to report directly from an adoption measure. In Usage Configuration, there are 3 options for Utilization % -
1. None - Utilization % will not be calculated and will not be shown under the Engagement tab.
2. GS Standard Calc - This is the existing calculation which is (Selected Measure / Users from CustomerInfo) * 100. Earlier this calculation was done on the client end. Now, we will pre-calculate this value and store the appropriate value into the new Utilization% field that is pre-packaged. This will be captured going forward and once we do this for a length of time, we will be able to report on the trend of Utilization %.
3. From Measure - We can treat an adoption measure as the usage indicator. You can now do any custom calculation / aggregation and store this information in a field and choose to report on that as the Utilization %
- Show Users in: Select the corresponding checkbox if the Licenses Users tracked from LRM should be shown in the Usage Trend Graphs and/or Overview Grid
- Adoption data loaded up to: After adoption data is loaded, we update a custom setting in Gainsight that stores the max date for which adoption data is loaded. This field shows the value from the custom Setting. This is date is also used as the default date while loading adoption graph / views.
Click Edit to update any of the attributes listed in the Usage Configuration section.
The measures section shows a list of all the measures and their attributes in tabular interface. All of the values except the column mapping and aggregation type are editable inline.
From here you can:
- Add Measures
- Map Columns
- Set Aggregation
- Run Aggregation
Note : ‘'AnyPerk Type' and 'Aggregation On' columns in the table will not be visible for Account Level Data
To add measures you will:
- Click the Add Measures icon
- Type the measure name into the text box. If adding multiple measures type each measure on a new line.
When adding measures you will have the following options:
- Include in Adoption - Allows measures to be used in Engagement (is selected by default)
- Include in Usage Tracker - Allows measures to be used in Usage Tracker
- Create Fields and Mapping - Will create a custom field in the Usage Date object and will map the measure to the column to create a link between the measure and the custom field (is selected by default). In order to create fields the user needs Salesforce Administrative permission, Modify All Data, and Customize Application. Enabling Modify All Data gives all permissions on all standard and Custom Objects. If the user does not have this permission an error will occur when trying to Create Fields and Mappings. Note: These are system permissions that need to be set up within the user's Profile.
Once all measures are entered, click on Process.
Once you click process, the table above will appear where you will see the columns described below. Name, System Name, Column, Aggregation Type and Aggregation are pre populated. Values in all columns except Aggregation Type and Aggregation are editable inline.
- Group Create groups of like measures and then group them together in drop downs. Type ahead will show you a list of existing groups. Type in a new name to create a new group.
- System Name
- Short Name
- Column Custom Field measure maps to
- Color Color displayed on the adoption charts. Click to edit.
- Adoption This setting will allow the metric to show up in Engagement charts and reports
- Usage Tracking This will allow the Usage Tracker to follow this metric
- Aggregation Type If Create Field and Mapping was selected when creating measures by default this is Sum however you can edit the type later.
- Aggregation On If Create Field and Mapping was selected when creating measures, by default the aggregation will be mapped between the measure and custom field created
- Status This will show you the status of the measure creation
- Action Click the + sign to manually add one of the measures listed
Click Add All to finishing adding all of the measures listed in the table.
This page should not be closed until all the measures are created. If you close the pop up, measure creation will be aborted.
If measure creation failed, the status column will show a ‘X’ icon and the error message is displayed on mouse hover. Once all the measures are created successfully, they can be viewed and edited from the Measures section grid.
Note: It takes about 10 minutes per 100 measures.
Click on Run Aggregation to:
- Run aggregation for historical data
- Manually run aggregation for a single period
- Schedule Aggregation
- Clear Log(s)
Note: When there are multiple records per periods at either account or instance or user level, the aggregation process will sum up values across all measures into a single record. Use this aggregation process if you are seeing multiple records in Overview under Engagement tab.
Clicking on ‘Schedule Aggregation’ icon will open a pop-up, to schedule aggregation for the desired period(Weekly or Monthly). Aggregation can be set to run every day or on few days of a week or once every month, with a preferred start time.
When Instance or User Level usage data is loaded, we keep track of all the periods for which data is loaded and then when the scheduled aggregation runs, the aggregation happens for all the periods for which data was loaded. Once the aggregation is complete this list of periods becomes blank and this list is populated again during the next data load.
Click Clear Log(s) to remove old logs from the Run Aggregation view.
This section appears when you select Load Snapshot to Engagement every week while configuring Global Settings for a Scorecard.