This enables Admins to generate reports using MDA data, such as a report on the CTA Type Names that have been generated by Industry. Additionally, an Admins can create rules based on MDA data. For example, an Admin might create a rule for Account and count of high priority cases generated over the last 7 days for specific industries.
This article describes how to enable/configure lookup relationship on an MDA Data - Object field so that users can use MDA joins efficiently.
- Ability to join two objects is available if the below mentioned conditions are satisfied:
- In the data management page, the objects should have the "Joins allowed" property as true.
- The lookup relation between the two objects can be defined only on "String" data type fields
- Currently, we support creation of lookup relation only on the MDA objects for which joins are allowed.
Enable Lookup on an MDA Data-Object
To enable lookup on an MDA object:
- Navigate to Administration > Data Management > All Objects > [Click on an existing object].
- Click the Edit Field icon of the field that you want to use as lookup.
- Select the Enable lookup and select the object for which you would like to enable the lookup relation from the object dropdown list.
Note: Only objects that have the "Joins allowed" property as true are available to enable lookup relation.
- Select the field for which you would like to create a lookup relation from the Field dropdown list.
- Click Update.
- You can perform this procedure only for objects that the "Joins allowed" property as true.
- By default, when performing a JOIN, LEFT OUTER JOIN is performed.
- A LEFT OUTER JOIN is performed on a base collection (the collection selected as data source).
- You can create a lookup relation on the objects up to 2 sub-levels. For example, Usage Data > Account > Active User, where Usage Data has a lookup relation on Account, and Account has a lookup relation on Active User. You cannot have an MDA Data - Object containing lookup relation at the 3rd sub-level such as Active User cannot have a lookup relation to any other MDA Data - Object.
- Joins can be performed only on fields of data type String.