Chatter can be used within Gainsight to collaborate on Calls to Action. This article will explain how to setup Chatter and how Chatter integrates with Gainsight.
When setting up Chatter on Calls to Action you can choose if you want Chatter postings to be consolidated by Call to Action, Customer (CustomerInfo) or Account or Relationship.
Call to Action
When setup at the Call to Action level, when looking at the Call to Action details view, you will have a consolidated view of what is happening on that particular CTA.
When setup at the Account level, when looking at the Call to Action details view, you will have a consolidated view of all posts made that are related to that account. You will also see all CTA chatter posts when looking at the account feed.
Customer (Customer Info)
When setup at the Customer level, when looking at the Call to Action details view, you will have a consolidated view of all posts made that are related to that customer without cluttering up the account feed.
When setup at the Relationship level, when looking at the Call to Action details view, you will have a consolidated view of all posts made that are related to that relationship without cluttering up the account feed.
Setup in Salesforce
To setup Chatter from the Salesforce:
- Go to SFDC Setup menu by clicking on your name at the top right and choose Setup
- In the Quick Find / Search type Feed Tracking
- Under App Setup > Customize > Chatter, choose Feed Tracking
- Click on the object you have chosen to enable Chatter on (Call to Action, Customer Info, Account, Relationship)
- Check the box to Enable Feed Tracking
- Click Save
In order for your CSMs to use Chatter in the Customer360, they need access to the Chatter visualforce page in SFDC.
To check CSM's permissions to the Chatter visualforce page:
- Navigate to Users > click the Permission set of the CSM user > click on Visualforce Page access > Edit > Add the page from Available Visualforce Pages to Enabled Visualforce Pages.
- Navigate to Setup > Visualforce Pages > click on Security beside the page which is created and assign the profile.
Setup In Gainsight
To setup Chatter in Gainsight, navigate to Administration > Calls to Action.
- Under ACCOUNT > General Settings > Make Chatter Posts for CTAs, you have Account, Call to Action, Customer, and None as available values.
- Under RELATIONSHIP > General Settings > Make Chatter Posts for CTAs, you have Account, Call to Action, Customer, Relationship, and None as available values.
The following image describes how Relationship CTAs are tagged as compared to normal CTAs.
- If you choose None you will see Comments within the CTA instead of Chatter.
- If you want to use Chatter and Comments put a check next to Show Comments
- You will only have the option to choose items from the drop down that you have enabled on Feed Tracking. If it has not been enabled, it will be grayed out.
Using Chatter in Gainsight
Once Chatter is enabled you will be able to access it from the following areas of Gainsight:
Account & Opportunity Widget: Call to Action
From the widget in account or opportunity, go to the Cockpit section, click on a Call to Action to open the detail view where you will see the option to post to Chatter.
Cockpit: Call to Action
From the Cockpit tab, click on a Call to Action to see the detailed view where you will have access to post to Chatter and include Files and Links.
By default the Chatter post will include #Gainsight-Cockpit and #<CTA name> tags to help provide context to the Call to Action from which a post is being made. These tags can be manually deleted before making the post.