Customers engaged in the renewal process may not be best suited to provide a reference. A customer’s Reference Edge Reference Status will be automatically updated to “Caution” when a customer enters into the renewal process.
Create a rule to change the Reference Status based on an upcoming Renewal Date
a) Define Rule Criteria
Go to the Gainsight Administration tab > Rules Engine. Click to create a new Rule using the “+Rule” on the right hand side. See Rules Engine Overview for more information on setting up Rules.
Fill in the following in the rule detail screen:
- Rule Type “Custom”
- Rule Name: “ReferenceEdge: Change Ref Status for Renewal” (or name of your preference)
Click on Next to navigate to the Rules Configuration Screen > Click the ‘Native Data’ radio button > Click in the dropdown to select the ‘Account’ or ‘CustomerInfo’ object (depending on where your Renewal Date is stored.
From the list of fields in the left-hand column, add the following fields to the Show box by selecting and dragging:
- ID from Account Object (Account:: ID) - Required
- Renewal Date from your source object (Customer Info:: Renewal Date)- Required
As filters, add the following: Customer Info:: Renewal Date (Subtract N Days from Rule Date) ‘60’
Click ‘Next’ to move to the Action Configuration Screen.
b) Setup a Load to SFDC Action
- Click ‘+Action’ so create a new Action
- Select ‘Load to SFDC’ from the Action Type dropdown on the top left of the Action box
- Select ‘Reference Profile’ from the ‘Object Name’ dropdown
- Click ‘Update’ from the ‘Operation’ dropdown
- Map the ‘Account::Id’ field in the left-hand column to ‘Account (String)’ in the dropdown on the right-hand column and check ‘Include in Identifiers’
- Click ‘+Field Mapping’ in the top right to add another field
- From the dropdown in the new field, select ‘Reference Status’
- In the dropdown box that appears below, select ‘Caution’
Click Save > On the Schedule Configuration screen. Schedule to run on a daily basis.