This article explains how CSMs can share a dashboard as a link through email with the internal user(s) from the Gainsight Home tab. For example, a CSM could share the Monthly Renewals dashboard with the CRO of the company, which is delivered as a link through email. To enable CSMs to share a dashboard, the dashboard must first be configured for sharing by the admin. See the Configure Dashboard for Sharing article for information on how admins can configure a dashboard for sharing.
- Internal users can be within your organization and can be with/without SFDC/Gainsight license.
- CSMs can share the configured dashboard through email as a link, with optional security settings. The internal users (recipients) need to be added as a GS user into the GS User object (which will be in MDA). For more information on how a GS user can be added, refer to Gainsight User Object.
- If the users are unable to open the email link, contact your Network Administrator for resolving the issue.
- CSMs can see the dashboards that are assigned by admins, using Dashboard Permissions.
You cannot share a dashboard containing UI Views or Scorecard 1.0 reports.
Share a dashboard
- Navigate to the Gainsight Home tab, and select the required dashboard.
- Click PREVIEW AND SHARE. In the preview page, you will see the dashboard as configured by the admin. This view is provided so that you can see the dashboard in its original state before sharing. For example: If you have made any changes to the filters from the dashboard page, those changes will not be visible here. The recipient will receive the dashboard in its original state as configured by the admin, and in read only mode.
- Click SHARE. The Email Dashboard window is displayed.
- In the Choose Users field, search and add the required users. Enter the subject and note in the respective fields.
Note: The recipient must be added as a GS user into the GS User object (in MDA). If you don’t see a contact, reach out to your admin to add the recipient as a GS user.
- Click SEND.
- Whenever Admins make any changes to the dashboard’s sharing settings, CSMs must share the dashboard again for the latest changes to be reflected.
- Any global filters applied by the admin while configuring the dashboard will be honored in the shared dashboard. Recipients cannot add additional filters, but the filter values for unlocked filters can be changed.
- Once a dashboard is shared, you can view the users with whom it has been shared by clicking the Track Users icon.
When a dashboard is shared, a notification is sent to the recipient's email address. The email notification will include a link to the shared dashboard, expiration date of the link (if enabled), and information if the link requires OTP verification or not. Recipients will perform the following steps to access the dashboard:
- Click the Click here to view button in the email notification.
Note: Admin can revoke access to a user on a link of a shared dashboard, and perform other actions like managing the dashboards and links shared. When recipients click Click here to view to access a link that has been revoked, the following message will be displayed.
- In case the OTP access is invalid, the same message is displayed.
- In both cases mentioned above, the recipients need to contact the person (CSM/AM) who shared the link.
- Click SEND to request an OTP password to be sent to the registered email ids.
- Check the mail inbox. Recipients will receive an email that contains the One Time Password.
IMPORTANT: This One Time Password is time sensitive. And in case of repeated unsuccessful attempts, the link will become invalid. Reinitiate the access request in case the OTP is expired.
- Enter the OTP to access the link.
- If recipients do not receive the OTP, they should click RESEND.
Note: The OTP is valid for 5 minutes. If it expires, the recipients should send a request to the CSM/AM to share the dashboard again.
- Click VALIDATE. The shared dashboard is displayed. The dashboard view is read-only and you cannot add additional filters on the reports or add global filters. You can export the reports in the dashboard, if the admin has enabled export.
For information on how admins can configure a dashboard for sharing, see the Configure Dashboard for Sharing article.