Major enhancements include:
- Create a Chain of Related Rules: Setup Rule Chains for related rules that need to run in a sequence with a shared schedule
- Log CoPilot emails as Salesforce Activities: New checkbox in Outreach configuration enables you to quickly log emails as SFDC activities in the contact’s history
- Create follow up Outreaches based on Contact’s actions: Automatically create follow up Power Lists based on whether a contact viewed your email or clicked a link
- Create Rules that aggregate data across accounts: These rules will help create benchmarks and trends across segments
- Create Success Plans via Rules: Automatically create Success Plans for Accounts via the Rules Engine, and assign Success Plan templates, Plan Owner, and Plan Due Date
- Vault Landing Page: View all of the available Vault assets on one page
- Reporting: View dashboards by user and assign access; and clear settings/filters on Gainsight Home reports
1. Enhancement: Create a Chain of Related Rules
You can now create a chain of rules (Rule Chain). The Rule Chain feature helps simplify the process of scheduling groups of related rules that you need to run in a particular sequence. With Rule Chains, ‘Rule B‘ automatically starts as soon as ‘Rule A’ completes, and there’s no need to schedule them separately. Rule Chains are helpful, for example, if you are loading usage data via rules, and then you want to trigger CTAs based on that usage data. You can add a maximum of 20 rules in a Rule Chain.
You’ll continue to configure individual rules in the List View, but do not schedule them. To create a Rule Chain, under Administration > Rules, click the new Rule chain view.
In addition, the timeline view now displays the Rule Chain name to which a rule belongs.
For detailed instructions on how to create a Rule Chain, refer to Creating Rule Chain.
Rule Chain Example:
The following image explains how a load to usage data rule can be used to trigger set scorecard and create CTA rules.
- In the above example, if rule number 2 (parent) fails, rule number 3 (child rule) will not be executed.
- All rules at the same level (parent to parent, or child to child) will be executed and are not dependent on the success of the previous rule. In the above example, rule number 4 would execute even if rule number 2 or rule number 3 fails.
2. Enhancement: Benchmark Fields/Aggregation
When creating a rule, in the Show section, you can add an Account ID field and select an aggregation on it, such as Count_Distinct or Count, and use it for benchmarking.
For example, you can create a benchmark by Industry and get a distinct count of Accounts for usage data. Another use case is to create a benchmark by ARR and use any of the Account attributes, such as Type, to filter accounts where ARR is less than the benchmark ARR.
For more information on Benchmarking, refer to Tutorial - Benchmarking ARR.
1. Enhancement: Configure Chatter for Relationship CTAs. We have enhanced chatter posts under Administration > Cockpit Configuration. The posts will now clearly show whether a CTA is on a Relationship or on an Account.
Prerequisite: you must enable Feed Tracking on the Relationship object. Navigate to Setup > App Setup > Customize > Chatter > Feed Tracking > click Relationships > select the Enable Feed Tracking checkbox. Click Save. Additional fields on the Relationship object may be selected if there is a need to track changes on that field.
Configure Chatter for Relationship CTAs under Administration > Cockpit Configuration > General Settings:
The following image illustrates how Relationship CTAs and Customer CTAs are tagged:
2. Enhancement: New Task Open and Closed Statuses available for task mapping. We have introduced 2 new statuses, Default Closed Status and Default Closed Incomplete Status, under Administration > Cockpit Configuration > Task Mapping. Now you can select multiple statuses from the Task Closed Status picklist. For example, you might want to use Closed-Complete as the Default Closed Status for a scenario where you have closed all tasks of a CTA; whereas, you might want to have Closed-Incomplete as Default Closed Incomplete Status for a scenario where you may not have closed all the tasks, but still want to close the CTA.
1. Enhancement: Log CoPilot Emails as SalesForce Activities
Use the Log Email to SalesForce Activity checkbox to store your CoPilot email activity/details for a contact in Salesforce. In SFDC, navigate to the Contacts tab > [Click on a contact] > Activity History to view the email details, including links to any attachments or images. Enhancement Location: Cockpit > CoPilot > Outreaches [Edit an existing outreach].
Note: This option is available in the UI only when the email recipient is a contact.
Example Outreach in SFDC Activity History:
2. Enhancement: Select Date and Number Value Formats in Email Tokens
When a token is added to an email template, you can configure token properties for Date and Number with the desired value format. There are multiple value formats available for Date and Number. For example, date format may be set to 01-29-2016 or 01/29/2016, and a Number format can be set to 1,363,224 or 1 363 224, which are directly picked up from Salesforce contact fields. Enhancement Location: Cockpit > CoPilot > Email Templates > [Add a token].
The following table describes the supported Date and Number formats.
3. Enhancement: Create Follow-up Outreaches Based on Contact’s Actions
We’ve introduced a new Follow Up Outreach tab, which allows you to follow up with email contacts on the basis of the following values:
- Email Not Opened: select this value if you want to follow up with contacts who have not opened your email communication.
- Email Opened: select this value if you want to follow up with contacts that opened your email communication.
- Link Not Clicked: select this value if you want to follow up with contacts who have not clicked a link (any link) contained in your email communication.
- Link Clicked: select this value if you want to follow up with contacts who clicked a link contained in your email communication.
Enhancement Location: Cockpit > CoPilot > Outreaches > [Click on an existing outreach ]> Follow Up Outreach. For more information on how to create a Follow Up Outreach’s Power List, refer to Follow Up Outreach’s Power List.
4. Enhancement: Outreach “From Name” and “From Email” Defaults to Current User
The values for From Name and From Email fields are now populated automatically based on the Salesforce logged in user’s name and the email ID. Enhancement Location: Cockpit > CoPilot > Outreaches.
5. Enhancement: Advanced logic at Cockpit > CoPilot > Power Lists is now improved for the Which meets the additional criteria from Contacts section that appears while creating a power list.
By default, new criteria is added as an AND to the existing criteria. For example, if you have an existing Advanced logic of (A AND B) OR C, and you add another criteria D, then the Advanced logic would look like (A AND B) OR (C AND D).
2.4. Success Plans
1. Enhancement: Create Success Plans for Accounts Using Rules
You can now create Success Plans for Accounts using the rules engine. For more information, refer to Creating Success Plans Using Rules Engine.
2. Enhancement: Get notified when a success plan is assigned to you.
A Success plan is assigned to me checkbox is available now under Customers > My Notification Settings > Email Notifications which enables users to receive a notification when a success plan is assigned to them.
Note: The user who has enabled MDA will not receive any email notifications.
1. Enhancement: Vault Landing Page for Viewing All Assets
You can now preview and download all vault assets on a single page using filters for Playbooks, Surveys, or Email Template assets. If a user has access to create these assets in their respective locations, they will also have access to download the assets from Vault.
You can access the new Vault landing page by clicking the Import from Gainsight Vault link from any of the following pages: Survey, CoPilot > Email Templates, or Cockpit > Playbooks.
Use the filter icon in the top right to select the asset types you wish to view. On the left, click the theme/folder names to see only the assets associated with that theme. You can also Search for an individual asset by name. Note: for now, you can only download one asset type at a time.
To view your downloaded assets, navigate to the relevant area of the app: Cockpit > Playbooks; Survey tab > Drafts; Cockpit > CoPilot > Email Templates.
Optionally, your SFDC Admin can also create a Custom tab in your org in order to display the new Vault landing page as its own tab.
To create a Custom tab for Vault:
1. Navigate to Setup > search for and click Tabs.
2. Click New next to Visualforce Tabs.
3. Select Vault (JBCXM_Vault) from the Visualforce page drop-down menu.
4. Enter Vault as the Tab Label and Name.
5. Select your preferred Tab Style. (View this SFDC article for more information.)
6. Click Next.
7. Select the appropriate visibility for your SFDC profiles, and click Next. (If you leave the default settings in place, all users will be able to see the new Vault tab.)
8. Choose the custom apps for which the new tab will be available and click Save.
1. Enhancement: View dashboard permissions by user and assign access. Now Admins can view dashboard permissions either by Dashboard, or by User. Enable permission to access a dashboard by selecting a user at Administration > Layouts > Permissions > User.
The following is how the screen looks when you select User. It displays the user name and the number of available dashboards.
You can click the dashboards link to view all the dashboards. Then select the checkbox(es) under View for the dashboard(s) you wish to grant the user access to and click SAVE. (Note: If you are unable to change the selection under View, it’s probably because dashboard permissions are not enabled for that particular dashboard.)
2. Enhancement: Revert to Original Settings in Reports. On the Gainsight Home page, for reports, users can switch to the visualization/settings that were configured by their Admin in the Report Builder, using the new Clear Settings/Filters option.
Note: If the dashboard contains a global filter, the Clear Settings/Filters option will not appear.
3. Enhancement: Filter SFDC Records by Last and Next N Days. In Report Builder, you can now filter SFDC records by Last N Days and Next N Days, whereas you can filter MDA records only by Last N Days. Location: Administration > Reports 2.0 > [individual report].
1. Enhancement: The + Project button is renamed to + Data Ingest Job at Administration > Integrations > S3 Connector.
2. Enhancement: The Failed column under S3 Execution Logs now has a link for the number of failed records. This link can be used for downloading the error file that contains failed records.
- Filters applied to a rule now compute a calculated field appropriately.
- Several validation issues were resolved.
- Issue pertaining to incorrect information in the Excel sheet, which is received after rule execution, is now resolved.
- Unwanted errors on Rule Listing Page and Setup Page were addressed.
- Administration > Cockpit Configuration > CoPilot Permissions > Add CoPilot Permissions > + User(s). A message has been introduced in the UI to encourage the user to search for the desired user.
- Power list page is enhanced for performance, as it took longer than expected to load the page.
- An error occurred in Cockpit’s List View when the user tried opening a task, which was synced to SFDC, that was deleted from SFDC.
- For each report, the report repository did not display if the listed report was being used somewhere.
- A user other than Admin was unable to access the Export to CSV feature.
- Issue pertaining to renaming the field names while generating a report is now resolved. You can edit more than 1 field at a time without refreshing.
- When generating a report, the issue pertaining to multi-picklist values when applying filters is now resolved.
- For stacked bar visualization, data points got jumbled due to excessive data. The issue is resolved by showing selected data points.
- For success snapshots, issues pertaining to tokens were resolved.
- While generating reports, issues pertaining to scorecard labelling are now resolved.
- Absence of the Name field on the Case object made Parent Case Number field invisible.