This document contains information about new functionality or issues that were resolved in the existing functionality in patch releases of the 5.9.X version.
Version 5.9.12, November 15, 2017
- Exceptions are not triggered when the Scorecard 2.0 Scheme range's average is a decimal value and when the score is set through Rules Engine. The issue has now been resolved, and exceptions are displayed as intended for the above scenario.
Version 5.9.11, November 10, 2017
- Picklist data type field items are no longer de-selected on navigating back to Setup Rule - Filters: Previously, the items selected in the picklist data type field while setting up the rule were deselected on navigating back to the Setup Rule - Filters section. This is fixed now. The behavior of items from picklist data type field in the Setup Rule - Filters section is as expected.
Version 5.9.9, November 6, 2017
- Clear filter removing user's state preservation in dashboard for global filters: Previously, you were not able to reset global filters in dashboard. Although the applied filter was changed, the data in the reports remained sticky. The issue has now been resolved and global filters can be reset as expected. Also, when you try to reset a global filter on an attribute for which a global filter has already been defined, you can use the global filter to set the filter value, rather than changing it from the Gainsight Home page. Appropriate error messages have been added for such scenarios.
- Error occurs when multiple global filters are added: Previously, an error occurred when you tried to add multiple global filters in a dashboard, as the field where the global filters data is stored had a maximum permissible length of 40000. The issue has now been resolved by increasing the maximum permissible length to 131,000.
Unable to filter on relationship ID: Previously, when a report is created on an MDA object with the relationship ID mapped to the SFDC Relationship ID (either in a look-up table or directly) it was not possible to filter on Relationship ID in Outreaches. This has been resolved, and it is now possible to filter on Relationship ID as expected.
- Incorrect behavior of sub-domain display in Relationship CTAs - Email task: Previously, any newly configured sub-domain was not displayed in a Relationship CTA - Email task. This is fixed now. The newly added sub-domain is displayed as expected in a Relationship CTA - Email task.
- Adding a relationship contact in R360 does not work properly: While adding a contact in Relationship Contact section, the search function does not work correctly if an additional filter is present. This issue is now fixed and you can add a relationship contact in R360 even if an additional filter is present.
Version 5.9.8, October 17, 2017
Activity and Timeline
Add up to 30 MB of attachments to an activity: You can add attachments up to 30 MB to an activity.
Activity Sync fails if no value is provided in the Boolean fields: The sync of timeline activities fails if the user does not provide any value in the Boolean fields (in consumption areas like C360/R360). This issue is fixed and now you will be able to sync activities without values in the Boolean fields.
Activity types do not appear properly from Account widget: This issue is fixed and now you will be able to view different activities from Account widget correctly.
Attachment upload progress appears correctly in an activity: The progress bar for attachment upload appears correctly in an activity.
Dashboard global filters are not displayed as tool-tips when the dashboard contains reports (to which global filters are applied) with special characters. Rather the filters are displayed in the “Applied on” list. The issue has now been resolved and dashboard global filters containing reports with special characters are displayed as intended.
Dashboards with Picklist global filters (with NULL value) not displaying: Dashboards are not displaying when a global filter is applied on a Picklist object and the filter value is set to “NULL”. The following error is displayed in such a case. The issue has now been resolved and dashboards with global filters containing NULL value Picklist filters are displayed as intended.
Erroneous entry occurs in Advanced Logic expression when you try to add ‘AnyType’ field to the Filters section: Navigate to Administration > Rules Engine > Setup Rule > [Create Dataset Task]. Create a dataset task from Data Spaces and apply Advanced Logic by adding fields in the Filters section. If you try to add ANYTYPE field into the filters section, the last advanced logic with filter is automatically added to the existing advanced logic expression. This issue is now resolved and the advanced logic expression works as expected.
Mapping between Long Text Area fields in SFDC and Rich Text Area fields in MDA is now supported: While ingesting data from SFDC to MDA through Bionic/Custom Rules, mapping between Long Text Area fields in SFDC and Rich Text Area fields in MDA is now supported.
Power List Fails with Null Error Message: Previously, Power Lists with calculated fields under additional criteria would fail. These lists failed with the error "Power List Execution failed: null". This issue has been resolved, and it is now possible to run these Power Lists without failure.
Account ID Filter not visible: The Account ID filter was not visible to map in a report within an Outreach. The field was available, but would not display within the CoPilot UI. This has been resolved, and the field is now visible within the UI.
- Unable to Edit Survey Properties: Certain survey question properties could not be edited. This included the option to allow smiley symbols and comments when the question is being used as part of an Advanced Outreach. This has been resolved, and it is now possible to edit these properties without issue.
Version 5.9.7, October 10, 2017
- Gainsight Mobile 360 Display: Gainsight Mobile was not displaying the C360 summary and attributes section properly. This has been resolved, and these sections now display as expected.
- URL is exposed instead of text: In the C360 > Attributes section, hyperlink code was being exposed instead of a hyperlink. This issue is fixed now and you can click on the hyperlink text in Attributes section.
- Unable to filter Relationship Reports on Relationship ID: Previously, it was not possible to filter reports built off of the GS Relationship object by the Relationship ID field. This has been resolved, and it is now possible to filter reports built off this object as expected.
- Time Scheduler Not Honoring Set Field Values: Previously, the Time Scheduler in CoPilot would not honor the values set for time fields, which meant emails would only be sent at the default time. This has been resolved, and the Time Scheduler will now honor set times as expected.
- Display Issue for Recurring Schedule Screen: Previously, when attempting to configure a recurring schedule for an outreach, the calendar would appear behind the scheduling screen and was not clickable. This has now been resolved, and the calendar appears in front of the scheduling screen, as expected.
- Unable to select an Email Strategy for an MDA object: Previously, when selecting the Email Strategy for an MDA object, the selection would not stick, and the previous strategy remains in the field. This has been resolved, and the Email Strategy selection now sticks as expected.
- Send Test Feature not working for 1.0 Email Templates: Previously, when a survey was added to a 1.0 Email Template, the Send Test feature would not work. This has been resolved, and it is possible to test 1.0 Email Templates even if a survey is added to the body.
- Unable to add reports created out of Data Spaces to Email Templates: Previously, you could not add reports created out of Data Spaces to an Email Template. This issue is now fixed, and now you can add reports created out of Data Spaces to an Email Template.
- Outreach Scheduler not working as expected in multiple currencies org: If multiple currencies are associated with the Account object and you configure an outreach with different times for each account, the scheduled times are not honored when the outreach is triggered. This issue is now fixed, the times scheduled for different accounts with multiple currencies are now honored.
- Set score for Account Scorecards using Bionic Rules: Using the Set Score action in the Rules Action step of Bionic Rules, you can set scores for Account Scorecards.
Version 5.9.6, September 25, 2017
The issues which were included in the V5.9.6 release were part of a hotfix. There were no escalations included in this hotfix. Hence, no content was added for this V5.9.6 hotfix release.
Version 5.9.5, September 22, 2017
- Values in the R360 Attributes section appear blank: In the R360 > Attributes section, the values in the attributes section were blank. This issue is fixed now and the values in Attribute section appear properly.
Version 5.9.4, September 21, 2017
The issues included in the V5.9.4 release were part of a hotfix. There were no escalations included in this hotfix. Hence, no content has been added in this section.
Version 5.9.3, September 19, 2017
- CTA comments text split at the end of line: Comments added in a CTA were getting split at the end of the line if the last word in the line was a lengthy one. The issue has now been resolved, and text in comments is not split for CTAs.
Unable to select check box while editing Success Plans: Previously, when you tried to edit a Success Plan containing a picklist, you were unable to select the check box for the fields that were on the right-hand side of the layout.
The issue has now been resolved, and you can select the check box while editing a success plan.
- Incorrect formatting when description/comments of a task is edited from Salesforce: When a task is created at Cockpit > [click +CTA], and ‘Sync to Salesforce’ is enabled, a corresponding task is created in Salesforce. When you add comments or description to the task with line breaks in Salesforce, the comments/description section is correctly formatted in Gainsight.
Previously, when you tried to edit these tasks and save the comments/description in Salesforce, the tasks were synced back to Gainsight without correct formatting. The issue has now been resolved, and line breaks are applied to the description of the Gainsight task when it is edited from Salesforce.
In task type field mapping, ‘Type’ in SFDC populating to ID instead of name of the type: When you add a task type field in task mapping and map it to an SFDC task type field, it was populated as an ID instead of the name of the type.
Workaround: Create a new Formula field in the CStask object to retrieve the name from the Type field and map that to the SF Task Type field.
- Incorrect success and failure count of CTA actions in rule results notification Email on Test Run of the rule: Navigate to Administration > Rules Engine > RULES LIST > Hover over the required Rule > RUN NOW. Previously, while running a Test Run for any rule with Action Type - Call To Action, the rule results attachment in the notification Email displayed ‘0’ successes and ‘0’ failures for actions, although the rule run was successful. This was found only with test runs. This is resolved now. The success and failure count of CTA actions in the rule results notification Email is accurate on a Test Run.
- Unable to delete the custom object if it has a calculated field: Navigate to Administration > Data Management. If a custom object has a calculated field, it was not allowed to delete this object. This issue is now resolved and you can now delete the custom object even if it contains calculated fields.
- Unable to view the ‘X’ button on the field names and operators in the Formula Builder page: Navigate to Administration > Data Management. Select a custom object which has calculated fields. Open the formula builder page from a calculated field. While editing a simple formula, when you hover on the field name and operator, the ‘X’ button did not appear to remove the field or operator. This issue is resolved now and you can remove the fields and operators as expected.
- Able to save an empty calculated field in the Advanced Formula editor: Navigate to Administration > Data Management > [Select a custom object] > [Select a calculated field]. When you applied an advanced formula to a calculated field, the system allowed you to save the formula with spaces and null values. This issue is now resolved and you cannot save an advanced formula with null values.
- In a calculated field formula, if there are similar field names, when you access the fields through any functionality to generate a result from the formula, it will show an error and it does not yield any results. This issue is now resolved and the calculated field formula is applied as expected.
Error while accessing a survey: If the ApplicationSettings__c object’s Default External Access is set to Private, you will not be able to access the related survey. This issue is fixed and now you will be able to view Surveys even when ApplicationSettings__c’s external access is set to Private.
Activity and Timeline
- Admin Configuration Changes to Support Event Sync: Previously, admin configurations within the Timeline created issues with Events syncing up with it. This issue has been resolved and Events will sync with the timeline without issue.
- Timeline Sync Creating Duplicates: Previously, syncing the Timeline could create duplicate entries. This issue has been resolved and syncing the Timeline will not create duplicates.
- Format issues when Copying Content from Outlook: Previously, when copying and pasting content from Outlook to the Timeline, changes to the formatting of the content did not stick when saved. This issue has been fixed and formatting changes will save as expected.
- Hyperlink button in the Rich-text area doesn’t work: In C360/R360 page, the hyperlink button in rich-text areas was not working previously. The issue is fixed and you can hyperlink content in the rich-text area.
- Tab Issue when Account Name includes an "&": Previously, if a customer’s name included an "&", then the browser tab for their C360 page would display incorrectly. This issue is fixed and the text within the tab now displays as expected.
- Attribute fields not visible in IE: Previously, not all attribute fields on C360 pages would be visible within IE. This issue has been resolved, and all fields will display as expected.
- Expand and Collapse Icon display strangely for Related List: Previously, the icons for expanding and collapsing a section would not display correctly within the Related List section of the C360 page. This issue has been resolved, and these icons now display correctly.
- Sorting on rich-text or text area fields is not supported: In Customers tab, sorting on rich-text fields is not supported.
- Horizontal scroll issue: Previously, when you scrolled to the bottom of the Customers page, the column headers were hidden. This issue is fixed; the column headers will display even if you scroll to the bottom of the Customers page.
- Customers page doesn’t resize when navigated from Support Console: When you navigate from Support Console to Customers tab, the Customers tab doesn’t fit to screen. This issue is fixed now; you will be able to see the Customers tab properly when you navigate from the Support Console.
- Unable to delete some participants in an Advanced Outreach: If you searched for a contact and tried to delete it, the delete operation did not work correctly. The issue is fixed now and you will be able to delete a contact from Advanced Outreach.
- Gainsight 360 keeps loading: When you want to view Gainsight 360 page in Administration > Analytics > Gainsight 360, you might find that the Gainsight 360 page keeps loading and does not display the page. This issue is now resolved and you can view the Gainsight 360 page as expected.
Version 5.9.2, September 14, 2017
- Display issues in dashboards with Global Filters:
- Dynamic Migration of existing dashboard filters into new Global Filters format: Dashboard filters that were created before the new Global Filters functionality was released are now migrated to the new format. Any existing dashboard filters are automatically displayed in the new format, and there is no action required from the user. For more information on global filters, see the Global Filters for Dashboard article.
- Dashboard with Global Filters set to ANY state not displayed: If a global filter is created on Join fields, and the global filter value is set to ANY by the admin, the pathMetaData is not set correctly. Due to this, the dashboards were not displayed. The issue has now been resolved and the required dashboards are displayed as intended.
- Unable to render reports in dashboards: Reports were not rendered for some dashboards, and an error message was displayed specifying that you cannot run the report unless you add data in the Show me and By sections. The issue has now been resolved and the reports are now rendered in dashboards as intended.
Version 5.9.1, September 6, 2017
- S3 jobs failing: Jobs were failing while trying to fetch data from the Amazon S3 connector to Gainsight, and the “Provided timeZoneId[undefined] does not exist” error message was displayed. The issue has now been resolved and S3 jobs are now running as expected.
Usage Data Configuration
Aggregation page display error: If you try to run an aggregation in the Administration > Usage Configuration > Run Aggregation page, the aggregation page loads correctly now. Previously, the aggregation page was not loading properly.